Lewis Browne (1897-1949)
Books by Lewis Browne
- All Things Are Possible: An Apocryphal Novel, 1935 (Macmillan), Review and Saturday Review.
- Oh Say, Can You See, 1937, Review.
- See What I Mean, 1944, Set in the 1930s, it is the story about a man involved with a fledgling anti-semitic movement called the Crusade. Review.
- Histories, etc.
- Stranger than Fiction, A short history of the Jews from earliest times to the present day, 1929. With fifty animated maps by the author, giving a pictorial history of centuries of wandering. Browne writes in the prologue that while this story may have been told, yet it cries out to be told still again. From beginning to end it pleads to be retold, and not as a list of names and dates, but as a wild adventure, as a romance. For the whole history of the Jewish people is a romance; the strangest, the most colorful in the saga of all mankind. Full text and table of contents. Book announcement (The Bookman)
- This Believing World, 1927, A history of religions. Online book. AA's Bill Wilson's Review. More reviews.
- Prologue from This Believing World, [San Francisco, 192-] Description:  p. 27 cm., Call Number: BL80 .B742
- The Graphic Bible, 1928/1932. From Genesis to Revelation in animated maps and charts. Contents: Jewish scriptures; a chronology of bible history; summary of the books of the Jewish scriptures; Christian scriptures; summary of the books of the Christian scriptures. Also contains an index to the maps. Reviews.
- Since Calvary, 1931, (Reviews: The Saturday Review, The Outlook, The Bookman, The American Mercury.)
- How Odd of God, from a quote by W.N. Ewer, 7 chapters, plus a full Index. 250 pp., MacMillan, N.Y., 1934. This book brings together in one short volume all the history of the Jewish diaspora: from the history of the Marranos in medieval Spain to the dangers of assimilation in modern America. Reviews: The Saturday Review, The Forum
- Something Went Wrong, 1942, Online book. A summation of modern history, with maps by Myna and Lewis Browne. 224 p. illus. (maps) diagrs. 19 cm. Review: Annals of the American Academy
- The World's Great Scriptures, 1946. Covers the 10 principal world religions. Online book
- The Wisdom of Israel, an Anthology, 1948, Review: Saturday Review. Published/Created: London, M. Joseph , Description: 620 p. 24 cm.
- Other books either not published or not circulated.
You can always find his books on Amazon or Alibris
For more info: (Kim Mosley, firstname.lastname@example.org)
Lewis Browne homepage.